The forum pages are fully operational! See this link for the latest forum topics, where users can collaborate or discuss certain topics in one place!
|This article is about the game as it appears on the show. You may be looking for the real-world online game.|
Virtual Goose is an online computer game that Arthur and his friends enjoy playing in "Sue Ellen Gets Her Goose Cooked." This game is very similar to Confuse the Goose, and may be an online version of it. Arthur describes Virtual Goose as "this totally amazing new computer game we found on the web!" Sue Ellen describes herself as "unbeatable" and the "queen of the virtual world" at Virtual Goose. Virtual Goose makes a cameo in "Dear Adil," where Adil is on the Game Over screen before he gets Arthur's email.
In the series, Virtual Goose hosts its own website, www.virtualgoose.com. While the domain used to redirect to Virtual Goose! on the official PBS Kids website, it has been put up for sale since November 2018.
Below are instructions in Arthur's exact words.
"There's this giant goose in the center of the screen and it spins really fast! And then it stops at one of the colored circles! And you have to shoot tiny balls in the goose's mouth. The more balls you get in, the more points you get."
|Players||Player 1 Scores||Player 2 Scores||Winner|
|Blackbelt44 — Suntzu49||
Blackbelt44 — 7,256
Suntzu49 — 5,732
|Antmuncher52 — Fourhand451||Antmuncher52 — 3,200||Fourhand451 — 4,350||Fourhand451|
|Blackbelt44 — Fourhand451||Blackbelt44 — 5,750||Fourhand451 — 6,201||Fourhand451|
|Blackbelt44 — Fourhand451||Blackbelt44 — 2,464||Fourhand451 — 5,321||Fourhand451|
|DisasterWarning99 — Fourhand451||DisasterWarning99 — 10,000||Fourhand451 — 8,000||DisasterWarning99|
- Blackbelt44 - Sue Ellen
- Antmuncher52 - Arthur
- Frankenstein459 - Francine
- Antennaears72 - Buster
- DisasterWarning99 - D.W.
- Fourhand451 - Emily and Marie-Hélène
- Suntzu49- Unknown Chinese girl
Virtual Goose Version 5.0 (also known as Best of the Nest) is the second Virtual Goose game. It is introduced in the episode "Best of the Nest," where Arthur explains that since D.W. started playing, the original has gotten boring. Version 5.0 is mentioned in "The Butler Did It," and is shown again in "The Longest Eleven Minutes"
"In a time before time... in a place so remote it has never been seen before by upright mammals., the Virtual Goose laid 6 eggs. They were: Sporty Goose, Stylish Goose, Strong Goose, Silly Goose, Smart Goose, and finally.. just Plain Goose. Because of hard times, the Virtual Goose had to leave her six gifted children and pursue a career in online gaming. She vowed to return with fame and fortune. But before she could, an evil wind blew the nest out of the tree. Now these geese must fend for themselves. Alone in the deep dark woods, only one will survive. Choose a goose, pass the trials, and see if you can be the Best of the Nest."
In this fictional game, there are six geese to choose from. Arthur and his friends choose each goose according to their own personality.
- Sporty Goose: Seen wearing a karate gi (white robe) with a black belt and has a blue rim around the eyes. Francine chooses this goose.
- Stylish Goose: A girly goose who has short light brown hair, long eyelashes, and pink lipstick. She wears a light teal scarf, a purple jacket and skirt while carrying a white purse. Muffy chooses this goose.
- Strong Goose: A very muscular goose who wears a cropped red tank top and blue briefs with white star imprints. Binky chooses this goose.
- Silly Goose: This goose is depicted wearing a similar polo shirt as Buster that is blue and has a pink collar. Buster chooses this goose.
- Smart Goose: A goose that appears to have just graduated. He wears a black square graduation cap with a red string while carrying a diploma. He wears a light lavender-grey coat and a striped tie on top of a yellow shirt and his pants are olive green. Brain chooses this goose.
- Just Plain Goose: Depicted exactly as Arthur, he wears round brown-rimmed glasses, and a yellow v-neck sweater on top of a white collared shirt, and blue jeans. Arthur, having no choice, picks this goose.
In "The Longest Eleven Minutes," Arthur fights a strong goose named Takashi that wears a red, sleeveless shirt and blue pants. He appears to be one of the first characters in the game, due to the nest appearing close by. Because of Arthur saying "I lost Takashi" after the Internet shuts off, it is likely that they are controlled by a real player, which means that Best of the Nest has online multiplayer.
- Trial 1: You are faced with a rushing river. Do you fly across, wait for a passing log, or do the hokey-pokey? If you choose to fly across, as Brain does, you fall and get eaten by a shark. Brain criticizes this for being unrealistic.
- Trial 3: You have come to a patch of mushrooms. Do you avoid the mushrooms, eat the mushrooms, or do the hokey-pokey? Muffy passes the level by eating the mushrooms.
- Trial 10: Night has fallen and the temperature is dropping. Do you wrap yourself in dead leaves, cuddle with the crocodile, or do the hokey-pokey? Arthur plans to choose to wrap in the leaves, but D.W. chooses to cuddle with the crocodile and the goose is eaten.
There is another level past 87 where you do the hokey-pokey to scare off a bear. There are also at least more than 87 levels.
In "George Blows His Top," Buster mentions that Muffy has upgraded Virtual Goose to version 29.2. It is not mentioned after this, and no gameplay is shown.