The forum pages are fully operational! See this link for the latest forum topics, where users can collaborate or discuss certain topics in one place!
|Cartoon debut||"Francine Frensky, Superstar" (minor character of episode; not seen but mentioned many times) |
Thomas Alva Edison was the inventor of 1,093 inventions, the most famous of which was the first practical lightbulb, A.K.A. the incandescent lamp.
- In "Francine Frensky, Superstar," the class performs a play about Edison's inventions.
- Brain's goal in "The World Record" was to break Edison's record of inventing 1,093 inventions. Edison is also mentioned in the chapter book based on the episode.
- Edison's first actual appearance was in the opening of "The Cave" where Arthur assists him in testing his prototype lightbulb.
- He was also mentioned in "Brain's Shocking Secret" when Brain said that many geniuses did poorly in school.
- In "Muffy's Classy Classics Club," Brain mentions that book one of the Pretty Pioneers series is inaccurate because it is set in 1865, and yet a record player is featured, which wasn't invented by Edison until 1877.
- Wikipedia article on Thomas Edison