The forum pages are fully operational! See this link for the latest forum topics, where users can collaborate or discuss certain topics in one place!
|Age||At least 68|
|Residence||Leah MacGrady's house, Elwood City|
Skip Bitterman (nephew)
Chester (first husband)
Unnamed second husband (implied)
|Job||School lunch lady|
|Cartoon debut||"Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn"|
|Voiced by||Bronwen Mantel|
In Brain's Chess Mess she says her nickname in high school was Checkmate MacGrady. This indicates that MacGrady was her birth surname, not that of her husbands.
MacGrady is usually humble but cheerful as well as a nice lunch lady, a point where even the kids seem to really like and respect her, getting really worried and concerned about her when she got cancer. She also seems to be wise and supportive as the kids would even come to her for advice on multiple occasions.
During the episode "Draw!" Mrs. MacGrady listens to Francine and how her feelings are hurt. In order to let the other classmates know how she feels, she sets up a plan at the school carnival. She tells the others that when she gives them the cue they need to pull a rope, which will dump gloop on Francine. In the end the students don't follow through with their plan, as they realize that Francine is really hurt inside. Mrs. MacGrady had really set up balloons to fall on her instead.
In the episode "The Great MacGrady," she has cancer and loses her hair from the chemotherapy. By "Prunella and the Haunted Locker," also a season 13 episode, her hair has grown back. Her replacement in "The Great MacGrady" is her nephew, Skip Bitterman. When she returns in that episode, Skip calls her Aunt Leah, instead of Sara. This continues on throughout the series. "Leah" could be referencing one of the writers of the episode, Leah Ryan, whom the episode was dedicated to. Also revealed in "The Great MacGrady," Mrs. MacGrady has a sister, Martha, who stayed with her after she was diagnosed with cancer.
In the episode "Arthur Accused!" it is revealed that her first husband's name is Chester.
Leah MacGrady could be considered a friend to everyone in the series. She is kind and listens to everyone and helps them with their problems.
Grandma Thora: Leah MacGrady and Grandma Thora are alike in personality. They are rarely the antagonist of a dream or imagination, unlike Paige Turner. MacGrady wasn't afraid to criticize Grandma Thora's cooking. The two are seen together in many occasions.
- In "Brain's Chess Mess," it is mentioned that, when Leah MacGrady was in high school, she was known as Checkmate MacGrady.
- In the episode "Arthur Takes a Stand," it is mentioned that she participated in the March On Washington in 1963.
- Mrs. MacGrady's first name is Leah, but in Seasons 1-12, her first name is Sarah. The reason for this is unknown.
- However, the name "Leah" was used in "The Great MacGrady," possibly because the episode was dedicated to Leah Ryan.
- Season 1
- Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn (Cameo and debut) 10201
- Arthur Accused! (First speaking role) 10602
- Buster Makes the Grade (Cameo) 10702
- Arthur Writes a Story (Cameo) 11201
- Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest (Cameo) 11601
- Arthur, World's Greatest Gleeper 11702
- The Half-Baked Sale 12002
- D.W.'s Snow Mystery (Flashback) 12201
- Bully for Binky (Cameo) 12301
- My Club Rules 12901
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Binky Goes Nuts 91001
- Season 10
- Buster's Special Delivery 101002
- Season 11
- Dancing Fools (Cameo) 110602
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Season 14
- Season 15
- Season 16
- Season 17
- Buster Bombs 170302
- Season 21
- Arthur Takes a Stand 210402